Event Phone: CALL 208-622-9282 TO REGISTER AFTER DEADLINE
- Mixed Doubles
July 23, 2017
2:00 am - 11:00 am
Saturday & Sunday, July 22-23, 2017
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Ages 18+ (consideration given for experienced players under 18)
Saturday, July 22nd
- Men’s & Women’s Doubles, Beginner Doubles
Sunday, July 23rd
- Mixed Doubles
Sun Valley Elkhorn Association Village Courts, 99 Badeyana Drive, Elkhorn in Sun Valley, Idaho, 83353.
There will be a total of 11 courts – Three permanent pickleball courts and eight courts set up using portable pickleball nets and outlined on the two adjacent tennis courts.
Divisions: (See rankings description chart)
- Beginner Doubles – The Beginners division will be for all players that are new to the sport or below a 3.0 rating. Players registered without a partner will be matched up with another available partner at the start of the event. (Saturday)
- Men – 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0 (Saturday)
- Women-3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0 (Saturday)
- Mixed – 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0 (Sunday)
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age or skill level divisions due to insufficient entries.
- Registration Deadlines:
- June 28th – Registration Opens for Elkhorn Owners
- July 2nd – Registration Open to the Public
- Registration Deadline for all participants: July 17th at midnight.
- Registration is limited to the first 90 teams. Be sure you and your partner register early!
- Teams must provide their skill level on their registration form. Those needing to determine their skill level should check the USA Pickleball Association website.
- The division for a doubles team will be determined by the rating of the higher rated player.
- Tournament directors reserve the right to approve a player’s appropriate skill level rating and the corresponding skill events in which the player will participate.
- Participants may enter for each day of events, but only once in each event. (Example: you may only play in a chosen division with ONE partner…it is not allowable to enter the same event with two different partners)
- We invite participants (who are willing and able) to volunteer as referees during the tournament. If you are interested, please mark the appropriate box on your registration form.
Tournament Fees and Payment Method:
$20 Per person per event + tax
There are a limited number of spots in this tournament so payment is required in ADVANCE to confirm your spot in the tournament.
Format / Rules:
- Tournament will be governed by USAPA/IFP rules.
- Outdoor balls (yellow Onix Pure 2) will be used.
- Format will be round robin. If there are fewer than four entries in a group, groups may be combined or cancelled. In addition, larger divisions may be split into A, B groupings.
- Participants must check-in and present their proof of registration at the venue check-in prior to play.
First, Second and third place awards will be given to the top three teams in each division. Awards will be presented at the conclusion of each event.
Food & Prizes:
A commemorative Sun Valley Pickleball Championships pint glass will be given to each participant . A selection of free snacks and bottled water will be available for registered players. All volunteers and referees will be entered into a drawing to win one of three new Selkirk Pickleball Paddles.
Along with refereeing during the tournament, all players are invited to the Elkhorn Pickleball courts on Friday, July 21, from 5pm-8pm to clean up and set up the courts. Each person that attends will be entered into a drawing to win one of three new Selkirk Pickleball Paddles.
Registration is limited to the first 90 teams. Be sure you and your partner register early!
Venue: Elkhorn Village