Event Phone: CALL 208-622-9282 TO REGISTER AFTER DEADLINE
July 21, 2018
4:00 am - 10:00 am
Friday & Saturday July 20th and 21st
10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Ages 18+ (consideration given for experienced players under 18)
**Each individual participant must register separately**
Friday, July 20th
- Men’s & Women’s Doubles, Beginner Doubles
Saturday, July 21st
- Mixed Doubles
Sun Valley Elkhorn Association Village Courts, 99 Badeyana Drive, Elkhorn in Sun Valley, Idaho, 83353.
There will be a total of 11 courts – Three permanent pickleball courts and eight courts set up using portable pickleball nets and outlined on the two adjacent tennis courts.
Divisions: (See rankings description chart)
- Beginner Doubles – The Beginners division will be for all players that are new to the sport or below a 3.0 rating. Players registered without a partner will be matched up with another available partner at the start of the event. (Friday)
- Men – 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0 (Friday)
- Women-3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0 (Friday)
- Mixed – 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0 (Saturday)
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age or skill level divisions due to insufficient entries.
- Registration Deadlines:
- June 20th – Registration Opens for Elkhorn Owners
- July 1st – Registration Open to the Public
- Registration Deadline for all participants: July 16th at midnight.
- Registration is limited to the first 90 teams. Be sure you and your partner register early!
- Teams must provide their skill level on their registration form. Those needing to determine their skill level should check the USA Pickleball Association website.
- The division for a doubles team will be determined by the rating of the higher rated player.
- Tournament directors reserve the right to approve a player’s appropriate skill level rating and the corresponding skill events in which the player will participate.
- Participants may enter for each day of events, but only once in each event. (Example: you may only play in a chosen division with ONE partner…it is not allowable to enter the same event with two different partners)
- We invite participants (who are willing and able) to volunteer as referees during the tournament. If you are interested, please mark the appropriate box on your registration form.
Tournament Fees and Payment Method:
$35 Per person per event + tax – Homeowners
$40 per person per event + tax – Residents/Guests
$45 per person per event + tax – Nonowners
There are a limited number of spots in this tournament so payment is required in ADVANCE to confirm your spot in the tournament.
Format / Rules:
- Tournament will be governed by USAPA/IFP rules.
- Outdoor balls (yellow Onix Pure 2) will be used.
- Format will be round robin. If there are fewer than four entries in a group, groups may be combined or cancelled. In addition, larger divisions may be split into A, B groupings.
- Participants must check-in and present their proof of registration at the venue check-in prior to play.
First, Second and Third place awards will be given to the top three teams in each division. Awards will be presented at the conclusion of each event.
Food & Prizes:
A commemorative Sun Valley stemless wine glass will be given to each participant. A selection of free snacks and bottled water will be available for registered players.
Special Pickleball Clinics with Tony Tollenaar – Register at either Tennis Location
Tournament Prep Clinic – Thursday July 19th 10:00 AM to Noon
Specifically designed for our tournament participants, this 2 hour class will help you and your partner prepare for battle in our second annual Sun Valley Pickleball Club Championships. Tony Tollenaar is one of the top players in the country and has helped players of all abilities both in the United States and abroad.
Post Tournament Recap Sunday July 22nd 10:00 AM to Noon
Our tournament players have the unique opportunity to learn from the observations made by Coach Tollenaar after two days of competitive pickleball. Tony will help your team prepare for your next battle by sharing his advice on how you can continue to elevate your game.
Registration required at either Tennis location
One Clinic: $55 or $45 for Elkhorn Homeowners
Two Clinics: $100 or $80 for Elkhorn Homeowners
For additional information call 208-622-9282 or email email@example.com
Registration is limited to the first 90 teams. Be sure you and your partner register early!
Venue: Elkhorn Village